The simple act of massaging your face with a face roller has a ton of benefits for the skin. It may even reduce stress and release tension, just like a body massage would.
Here are some key benefits:
- Improves blood circulation in the face. Using a face roller can stimulate blood flow to the face, which can make your skin look brighter and feel firmer.
Helps with stuffy sinuses. Some studies suggest that using this tool
may help clear the sinuses, though the research is still in the early stages.
- Decreases puffiness. Rolling may also decrease puffiness (like hard-to-handle under eye bags) by stimulating lymphatic drainage.
- Cools and soothes your skin. If you store your roller in the refrigerator or use a naturally cold stone like rose quartz, it’ll cool the skin on contact. This can quickly de-puff your skin and tighten pores.
- Distributes skincare product. Rollers are typically used with an oil or moisturizer to help the tool glide across your skin. It’s said this process can deliver product deeper into your skin.
- Facial massage can improve your mood: True. It may seem weird, but facial massage reduces anxiety for some.
- Using a roller can slim the face: False. The only way to truly slim down or lose weight from any part of your body, the face included, is through nutrition and exercise. However, the de-puffing potential of the facial roller may make your face look slimmer temporarily.
- Using a roller can contour the face: True. The roller can be used to drain fluid from the face, which can help to contour your face temporarily. The best way to use the tool for draining and contouring is to roll up at an angle and then push the roller downward by the ear. The process helps direct excess fluid to the lymph nodes.
Toxins can be flushed from the body by using a roller: True. Any activity that stimulates
lymphatic drainage, including massage or facial rolling, can be detoxifying for the body.
So there you have it! Face rolling is a useful tool that when added to a routine can yield big results. If you are new to face rolling we suggest that you try the classic rose quartz roller . If you are a beauty pro, maybe you are already face rolling, and are looking for something a bit more intense we suggest you try the vibrating rose quartz roller which has the added benefit of sonic vibrations to help further increase absorption of serums and creams as well as stronger lymphatic drainage.